TSVC History

June 1923: A group of women enlisted by Mrs. Luigi Von Kunits (wife of Maestro Von Kunits) organized the Women’s Orchestral Association.

1924: The Women’s Orchestral Association and the Orchestra’s General Committee merged to form the new Symphony Orchestra Association (men and women).

1926: The name changed to the Toronto Symphony Orchestra Women’s Committee.

1952: The name changed to the Toronto Orchestra Association.

1970: The name changed to the Toronto Symphony Women’s Committee.

1995: The name changed to the Toronto Symphony Volunteer Committee.

See our achievements.